Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


March 23, 2007


YesNetwork.com: Pavano still shaky
by SG

Pavano wasn't overly impressive in going 4.1 innings, giving up three runs (all earned) on eight hits with two walks and two strikeouts, but both he and New York manager Joe Torre seemed pleased with the progress the pitcher made since his last appearance March 17 in Clearwater against Philadelphia (in 3 innings or relief, Pavano allowed two earned runs on four hits with four walks).

"It was definitely an improvement from my last start," Pavano said. "At times I was a little wild; at times I was pretty consistent. I'm looking to improve on it and keep moving forward."


Pavano's healthy, but so far he hasn't looked good.

More camp notes from Rotoworld
Andy Pettitte (back spasms) won't make his scheduled start on Friday, but says he's feeling much better. "I feel a lot better, but I forgot how little of a say you have sometimes," Pettitte said. "I'm feeling better and that's really it. Every time I tell them what I want to do, they tell me how it's going to be." The left-hander seems a little frustrated with not being allowed to make his start, but the club is being understandably cautious. Pettitte will likely make only one more spring start before facing the Devil Rays in the Yankees' opening series.


Pettitte's looked pretty good when he's pitched so far. Hopefully this isn't a long-term issue.

Bobby Abreu returned to right field on Thursday and hit a three-run homer in the Yankees' win over the Reds. Abreu was a DH Tuesday in his first game back from a strained oblique.


Yay Bobby.

Josh Phelps hit his second homer of the spring Thursday off the Reds' Dustin Hermanson. It's going to be pretty hard for the Yankees to justify carrying Andy Phillips over Phelps. Phelps is 11-for-25 with three walks, while Phillips is 3-for-13 to date.


I still say if the Yankees don't want to make a decision on Phelps/Phillips yet, they should carry 11 pitchers instead of 12.

I'll try to resume the Looking Ahead stuff next week for those who care.