Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


March 7, 2007


Newsday: Mr. Laid-back can relax now
by SG

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. -- Johnny Damon might be the last player one would expect to feel tense or put undue pressure on himself.

Damon is known as Mr. Laid-back, the guy who chills out everyone else. He says he got away from that to an extent last year, his first as a Yankee. He had just crossed enemy lines, so to speak, donning pinstripes after four years with the Boston Red Sox, where he helped them beat the Yankees in the ALCS en route to the 2004 World Series championship.

"I think I just tried to do too much," Damon said. "I wanted to succeed all the time, and I'm not that type of player. I normally have been able to relax and just go with the flow. Last year I just tried to do a little too much."


I'm swamped at work but wanted to get a new post up. So here you go...