Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


February 13, 2007


NY Daily News: Rivera ready for hardball
by SG

Mariano Rivera has long been the image of icy calm on the mound during pressure-packed October moments, so it's difficult to imagine the Yankee closer exhibiting frustration.

But Rivera's answers to questions about a possible contract extension in an interview yesterday may have revealed his true feelings about the stagnant talks, despite public professions that he is not upset.

Rivera, who is entering the final year of his contract, brought up for the first time the possibility he might look elsewhere, though he has often talked about pitching in the new Yankee Stadium and going into the Hall of Fame in pinstripes.

"I definitely want to finish my career here, but if they don't give me the respect I deserve, I have to move on," Rivera said. Asked if he felt he wasn't being given that respect, Rivera responded, "The Yankees always give me the respect. When it comes to these times (contracts ending), I don't like to talk about it. It's a business.


Pay him.