Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


February 6, 2007


MSG: Posada focused on season, not extension
by SG

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Jorge Posada is focused on the season as he heads into the final year of his contract with the New York Yankees.

Posada will make $12 million in 2007, the final season of a deal paying him $59 million over six years. The 35-year-old catcher says he's leaving his contract situation up to his agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman.

"Obviously I have one more year left, and a lot can happen," Posada said Monday after a pre-spring training workout. "We'll see. It's up to them. That will take care of itself. I'm concentrating on what I have to do."


I'm going to look at Posada in more depth when I start my 2007 player previews. He's been a big part of the Yankees' success over the last decade, and he will not be easy to replace. At this point, I think I'd extend him for a year or two if I were the Yankees, as there's very little available in free agency and any catching prospects on the farm are a few years away. He's at a scary age for a catcher, but he rebounded nicely from a down 2005 to have a solid 2006. I'd like to think the wear and tear he avoided in his early 20s will let him last a little longer, but who knows?