Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


October 7, 2006


And So It Ends
by SG

It starts in February with pitchers and catchers reporting, and ends in October, sometimes in a good way, but more often than not like this.

I felt as good about this team going into the postseason as I had about any team since the 1999 team. The lineup looked stacked, the starting pitching was solid if not great, and the top of the bullpen seemed decent enough. But Detroit outplayed them on both sides of the ball, and earned this series victory. I find this Tigers team to be fairly likeable, so I'll be pulling for them to win it all now.

There's plenty of blame to go around for the Yankees losing this series(in addition to just being outplayed by the Tigers), so I'm not going to play that game here. I'd expect a lot of changes this offseason, and I won't miss some of the people who are likely departing.

I don't have much else to say. I'm disappointed, but I'll get over it.