Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


July 10, 2006


Run Values of the 2006 Yankees
by SG

I'm a little pressed for time today, so this will be a quick post. I've calculated the total contributions using offense, defense, and pitching to calculate the value of everyone who's played for the Yankees so far this season. Using these numbers, the most valuable Yankee so far has been......Jorge Posada.

For position players, I used linear weights with a positional adjustment, and for defense I used the zone rating defensive system that I've been using. For pitchers, I just used runs saved above average. Anyway, here's the chart. I'll try to go into a little more depth on the first half over the next few days if time allows it.



One final note, the team totals out to 116 runs above average so far, or roughly 12 wins above average.