Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


May 26, 2006


NY Times: Torn Hamstring Tendon Slows Posada
by SG

The Yankees' injury problems continued yesterday when catcher Jorge Posada's magnetic resonance imaging test revealed a torn hamstring tendon in his left knee.

Posada could be put on the disabled list if he does not improve over the weekend, and the Yankees plan to call up a catcher from the minor leagues today.

General Manager Brian Cashman, referring to his initial discussion with the team's trainers about Posada, said: "I was expecting some bad stuff when they told me there was a knot back there and they weren't sure what it was."

Cashman added: "The M.R.I. had to show something. As it was explained to me, there are several tendons that connect to the knee. This one is an unusual injury, but on the good side, it's a tendon that you don't need to function."

Cashman said that the injury should not limit Posada's ability to play catcher once the swelling and the pain subsided.

"I can't tell you the D.L. is not going to happen," Cashman said. "But we're going to see where he is at the end of the weekend."


Not good news. Let's hope for a speedy recovery for Posada, as the dropoff from him to his backups is pretty severe.

Also buried in this article is the news that Carl Pavano could resume throwing in three weeks, and Brian Cashman expects him to pitch this season. I won't believe it until I see it, but it's good news anyway.

I'm going to be on vacation next week, so no posts from me. Hopefully Larry or TVerik or someone will show up. If not, I invite you all to check out the Yankee blogs listed on the left, all of which I try to check out regularly.