Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


January 24, 2006


One Year
by Larry Mahnken

It's interesting that the days you least want to remember are often the days you remember the most vividly. Today is the anniversary of the single worst day of my life, and I just can't get over it.

Oddly enough, I'm handly the anniversary worse than the actual event. At the time I was probably in shock, but in general I was fairly level-headed about the whole thing. Perhaps its the past knowledge about how everything turned out over the past year, how horribly things went because of that fire, how stupid I've been. In the past year I've lived with my sister, lived in my car and finally moved in with my parents 250 miles from my home and everyone I know. One of the few things that's kept me going has been the Yankees, which is probably a primary reason I consider the past season something of a success despite the fact that they barely made the playoffs and got knocked off in the first round.

Anyway, this shouldn't be a pity party. A lot of you people were here a year ago, and a lot of you helped me out by sending some money my way. I'd like to make something productive out of this anniversary, so here goes (I was hoping to be more directed and broad based, but life often doesn't go as you plan...):

Give money to someone who needs it today. A friend who's down on their luck, a homeless guy on the street, or to a charity to help victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, like this one (A friend endorsed it saying, "I hate Clear Channel, but it's a great program.").
Not necessarily much, certainly not so much that you'll miss it. But just help someone.

Thanks. I think I'm going to go back to bed now.

Don't smoke in bed.