Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


August 19, 2003



by Larry Mahnken

I've said this before: I don't read other peoples' weblogs very often, because I usually end up thinking about whatever they wrote when I try to write my stuff, and I really don't want to plagerize anyone else. Of course, I do have a few regular blogs that I always visit when I do read other people, and one of these is Mike's Baseball Rants. If it was just for his brilliant, and usually hilarious breakdowns of Joe Morgan chats, Mike's blog would be a must-read, but Mike's analysis and writing is worth the trip, as well.

Yesterday, Mike described Rule 6.07 and its impact on Friday's game, and this morning, he clarified it after a correction I made on Baseball Primer. Of course, being the gentleman that he is, Mike did not mention that I came across as a jackass when I corrected him, and further, he provided some examples of the rule being used in the past, including once in the World Series, and once intentionally! From the examples he gives, it appears that neither one of my proposed exploits has been attempted (Nor has Phillies-Fan's). Anyway, go check that out today, it's really interesting (and the new Joe Morgan Chat is up!)