Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


May 9, 2003



by Larry Mahnken

Yeah, Jeff Weaver sucks. He'll never be able to throw a perfect game.

Wow, it seems like whenever I say someone's struggling in any way, they have a big game. Giambi goes 2 for 4 with a homer, Soriano is 3 for 6 with a homer. Even Almont-E got a couple of hits. This past series was incredible: 30 runs in 3 games, versus the Seattle staff, at Safeco Field, one of the best pitchers parks in the game. I was honestly, shocked. But I don't think they'll keep it up in Oakland. And I'm only half saying that because they seem to do the opposite of what I say.

One of my favorite new features on my favorite site--Baseball Primer--is the Game Chatter. Fans of both teams show up to chat about the game, giving a different perspective on what's happening, and it's much better than watching it alone. So very, very alone. Why doesn't anybody love me?

Ahem. I expect the fans to boo Giambi again tonight. I can't stand when fans boo a player who left as a free agent. They boo Giambi, Indians fans boo Ramirez, Yankees fans boo Nelson, EVERYONE boos A-Rod. I'm sorry, but what the hell are you booing them for? That they went somewhere else? You don't have an exclusive right to have a ballplayer, they owe you nothing. In fact, most of these guys played for your team for less than market value the whole time they were there. If you're upset that Giambi's gone, turn around a boo the owners. Of course, then you shouldn't boo when Giambi's a mediocre first baseman in a few years.

One of my proudest moments as a Yankees fan was when fans at The Stadium gave David Cone a standing ovation as he came in to pitch for the Red Sox for the first time, and as he walked off the mound for the last time later that year. Appreciate what he did for your team while he was there, don't hold his career choices afterwards against him. Fans are way too full of themselves.