Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"


The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:
http://www.replacementlevel.com

Featuring:
Larry Mahnken
SG
sjohnny
TVerik
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain


This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!



Web
yankeefan.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.


May 13, 2003



by Larry Mahnken

Angels 10, Yankees 3

You'd think as I got older, I'd be more even-keeled, and I wouldn't take the losses as hard. You'd think. I didn't take this loss too hard, but I did throw a chair last October, and I killed a coworker on Sunday. Well, maimed. But they're still in ICU, so let's not lose hope.

Unfortunately, as I've gotten used to the Yankees being the best team in baseball, I've gotten less tolerant of failure. It's a damn shame, too, because I get less enjoyment out of the victories now, too. I wish I could go back to the days when the Yankees sucked, and a three-run homer to win a game in the bottom of the ninth would have me floating for a week. Yeah, cry me a river. It's like asking to be an awkward teenage virgin again when you're dating a supermodel.

Not really much can be said about tonight's game. It was only a matter of time before Mussina pitched a lousy game, at least it was against the Angels and not the Red Sox.