Larry Mahnken and SG's

Replacement Level Yankees Weblog

"Hey, it's free!"

The Replacement Level Yankees Weblog has moved!  Our new home is:

Larry Mahnken
Sean McNally
Fabian McNally
John Brattain

This is an awesome FREE site, where you can win money and gift certificates with no skill involved! If you're bored, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!


Disclaimer: If you think this is the official website of the New York Yankees, you're an idiot. Go away.

April 2, 2005

An Open Letter to Joe Torre
by sj

Dear Joe Torre,

Why do you hurt me, Joe ? I've always been loyal to you.

First of all, let me openly admit that I was not a huge fan of your hiring in the offseason after the 1995 season. However since then, I have been a big supporter of yours, for example, I think you have used Mariano Rivera better than any other manager would have, and I have said so publically.

This all started in 2003, I remember the day clearly. It was a cloudy August day in the Bronx, The Yankees were trailing the Orioles 4-3 in the ninth inning, the Yankees rallied with 2 outs, loading the bases with Nick Johnson due up. The O's brought in Buddy Groom, who was slowed by the weight of a 5.36 ERA in 2003.

Instead of leaving Nick Johnson in the game, you decided to pinch hit Ruben Sierra. Ruben proceeded to ground out. Game Over. Yankees Lose.

This hurt me, but I was willing to overlook this as a one time thing. But I can no longer bite my tongue. The opening day lineup is beyond horrible. Sierra? Batting fourth? Ruben Sierra? Why Joe? Is this some sort of statement? I do not understand. Why not, to pick a name, anyone else in the world not named Womack?

The madness must end.

Yours always,